The fiery figure of the rooster appears on the body of the writing instrument with all the magnificence of its rich plumage.
Made using intense orange Chinese lacquer, the engraved design enhances the animal’s energy and sunny presence.
The glossy black background is patiently applied, layer after layer, according to ancestral tradition. The typically Asian character of the finely engraved design emphasises the beauty of the rooster with its flamboyant feathers, agile feet with their sharp spurs and an expressive profile crowned with its proud comb.
Each writing instrument is authenticated with the calligraphic symbol of the Rooster and the Chinese stamp of the Maison Caran d’Ache, applied in red as a token of good luck.
YEAR OF THE ROOSTER
888 fountain pens
888 roller pens
– Trim: gold plated
– Top of the cap: Numbering, 888 fountain pens and 888 roller pens
– 888 is a lucky number in China and a symbol of fundamental balance
– Writing block: 2 engraved roosters
– Ring: Engraved Caran d’Ache logo & Swiss Made
– Body and Cap: Intense orange Chinese lacquer of the Rooster’s motif and black polished Chinese lacquer
– Body: Calligraphic representation of the Rooster character
– Red Chinese seal of “Caran d’Ache”
– Tip: “Chinese lacquer” engraved in Chinese