The water-soluble wax oil pastel
Neocolor II water-soluble wax oil pastels highlight the enormous innovative capabilities of the Maison Caran d’Ache. Created in 1972 as the continuation of the famous Neocolor I range, they offer boundless creative possibilities for artists and beginners alike.
Basing their work on the existing excellent qualities – exceptional coverage, smoothness and extreme lightfastness –, the craftsmen of the Manufacture added water solubility, a property greatly appreciated by connoisseurs of the Maison from all manner of artistic fields and from school age upwards.
Neocolor II can be used for all forms of creativity, ranging from drawings on dry or wet materials, monotypes, impregnation, wet drawing, glazing or rainbow gradation. With 126 colours, the entire range offers almost unlimited scope for the imagination, to the point where even experienced artists once more see things through the eyes of a child, thereby liberating the purest of all creative energies: that of the sheer wonderment evoked by colours.
Neocolor II pastels are entirely developed and crafted in the Caran d’Ache workshops, according to the highest quality standards and in compliance with environmental norms and certifications.
- Type: Water-soluble wax oil pastel
- Soft, velvety texture, does not crumble
- Ultra-high pigment concentration, superior covering power, luminous colours, excellent light resistance
- CE EN71 and ASTM D4236 compliant
- Techniques: Wet or dry drawing on various materials, watercolour, wash drawing, scraping or for applying to light panels.
- Available in assortments of 10, 15, 30, 40, 84 and 126 colours, or individually.
- Also available in wooden gift box sets of 84 colours, multi-product wooden gift box sets of 40 Neocolor I + 40 Neocolor II Watersoluble, 30 Prismalo + 40 Neocolor II Watersoluble as well as in a multi-product wooden case.