The water-resistant wax oil pastel
Neocolor I water-resistant wax oil pastels are must-have medium much loved by artists, technical designers, teachers and Fine Art students alike. Internationally known by its own name and a pioneer in the field, Neocolor I revolutionised the world of drawing and art teaching from the time of its creation in 1952 in the Caran d’Ache workshops.
Its excellent coverage, the smoothness of texture, the luminosity of the 60 colours in the entire range, together with its resistance to water and extreme lightfastness, make it one of the pillars of the Geneva-based Manufacture.
The Neocolor I’s properties enable countless applications on all kinds of backgrounds or materials. Suited to endless forms of artistic expression – from strokes to flat-wash, sgraffito or hot-wax painting, its colours remain as luminous as ever on coloured or dark materials.
Neocolor I wax oil pastels are entirely developed and manufactured in the Caran d’Ache workshops, according to the highest quality standards and in compliance with environmental norms and certifications.
– Type: Superior quality permanent wax oil pastel
– Details: Water-resistant, creamy, economical to use thanks to superior covering power, 100% usable, excellent light resistance.
– CE EN71 and ASTM D4236 compliant
– Techniques: can be applied to all materials (paper, cardboard, glass, wood, leather, fabric, stone, etc.), soluble in turpentine,
encausting on hot metal, can be combined with Neocolor II Watersoluble.
– Available in assortments of 10, 15, 30 or 40 colours, 10 metallic colours and 10 “Portrait” colours, or individually.
– Also available in a multi-product wooden box set of 40 Neocolor I + 40 Neocolor II Watersoluble, or in a limited edition “60th Anniversary” gift box set.