Get the most out of the shades of black
With a view to offering artists, visual artists, technical draughtsmen and Fine Art students the broadest possible means of expression, the Maison Caran d’Ache has designed Graphite Line, a complete line of mediums that explore all the different shades of black and meets the requirements of virtuosi and purists in the art of drawings executed in black.
With its particular feel and multiple shades of grey, raw graphite is made from a homogenous material in order to achieve thick and thin lines, gradation, flat-wash, blurring or watercolour effects. All shades and their various gradations have been carefully developed and perfected in the Geneva workshops of Caran d’Ache.
With its two innovations, Grafcube and Grafwood, the Graphite Line is a first in terms of personal choice. Grafcube, a concentrated blend of raw material, is available in three gradations and two sizes. Grafwood pencils offer 15 gradations, from the hardest to the softest black. The line is rounded off with natural charcoals, an intense black charcoal pencil and pencils with a watercolour lead in three gradations: the Technalo models.
Graphite line comes with a series of accessories including a blending stump, a Technik eraser used for black materials, a pencil sharpener and a metal box. This enables artists to create their own range according to their style and artistic sensitivity.
To enhance the art of giving, the Maison Caran d’Ache has designed a boxed set containing the entire Graphite Line, dressed in grey X-Titanium metal paper. This covering provides protection during transport and is a sophisticated echo of the materials it contains.
– Grafwood pencil: superior quality graphite lead, hard to soft depending on the hardness degree, diameter ranges from 2.1 – 3.6 mm. Hexagonal pencil, 8 ply, casing, varnish matches the hardness degree, in premium FSC® certified cedar wood.
– Technalo pencil: water-soluble graphite lead, hard to soft,3 mm diameter. Hexagonal pencil, encased, colour no. and name indicated, made from premium FSC certified cedar wood.
– Grafcube: square, 10 or 15 mm.
– Techniques : pointillism, hatching, writing, sketching, shading, blurring, technical and artistic design, mixed techniques.
– Grafwood 15 hardness degrees (9B – 4H), Grafwood 6 hardness degrees, Graphite Line Book, 6 assorted Technalo pencils (3B, B, HB), natural charcoal sticks.
– Available individually.
– Also available in a Graphite Line gift box.